Acupuncture is fast becoming an accepted fertility protocol. Consider acupuncture first, before investing in expensive and invasive fertility treatments. A few months of acupuncture could be enough to help you get pregnant on your own.
Call 832-866-2501 to make an appointment for acupuncture treatment.
What is infertility?
Infertility is defined as not being able to get pregnant despite having frequent, unprotected sex for at least a year, or for at least six months if the woman is age 35 or older.
If getting pregnant has been a challenge for you and your partner, you’re not alone. 10 to 15 percent of couples in the United States have fertility issues.
There are a number of conditions that can cause infertility. About 50%of cases of infertility involve issues with female, 40% with male, and the rest 10% with unexplained reasons.
What causes infertility in women?
Common problems for infertility from female side:
.Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
.Diminished ovarian reserve
What causes infertility in men?
Infertility in men can be caused by different factors and is typically evaluated by a semen analysis. A specialist will evaluate the number of sperm (concentration), motility (movement), and morphology (shape).
How can acupuncture increase the chances of becoming pregnant?
A study at the New York Weill Cornell Medical Centre provided supportive evidence that Acupuncture and the use of Traditional Chinese Medicine helps:
- improve uterine arterial blood flow, which thereby increases the chances of a fertilized egg implanting
- reduce stress hormones that can inhibit or interfere with ovulation
- normalize hormones that regulate ovulation, ensuring that an egg is released every menstrual cycle. This is especially important for women with irregular cycles trying to conceive.
- improve ovulation in women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).
- improve pregnancy rates in women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- lower FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) levels by improving the condition of the ovaries
Acupuncture and herbs are the major parts of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM ). It can help a lot on fertility issues. The treatment is to bring your body back into balance, then conception and pregnancy happen naturally. A recent study from Tel Aviv University reports, “When combining IUI with TCM treatments, 65.5 percent of the test group were able to conceive, compared with 39.4 percent of the control group, who received no herbal or acupuncture therapy.”